Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Case of the Missing Wallet

So, yes, I'm going to continue on my little "thankfulness journey", but pardon me if it takes a bit of a sarcastic note this morning...
#28.  I'm thankful for ovaries.  For some reason they allow me to find things that anyone without them can't.  In particular, the male species.  We searched for over an hour for Jim's wallet this morning.  Things like this
happen all the time, and since Haven and I are surrounded by testosterone, it's bound to get worse.  The boys already have this problem.  I'm constantly looking for things that are right in front of male noses.  (I was literally just asked by Asher how to find his other arm.)  Anyway, let all women be thankful for our ovaries which apparently allow us to be able to find anything under the sun.
#29.  Completed roofs before snow storms!  Woohoo!  It's done! (well, almost.  The roofer still has a small repair to make over our bedroom, but at least we know that we're not going to have rain or snow inside the house.
#30.  Sippy cups.  Besides being cute when they're lifted to Haven's lips, I'm thankful that I don't have to deal with the mess of being without them, or the trouble of keeping her on the tile while she's drinking.

The thought occurs to me that I'm not very good at being thankful for the little things...  I mean, in the book "One Thousand Gifts," she finds pleasure in a bubble while she's washing dishes.  Maybe I need to work on that.  Finding beauty in the minute.  I have to get past a brain block there, I think.

2 comments:

  1. lol...being thankful for bubbles while washing dishes would mean that one has no diswasher...thankful? hmmmm...gotta think about that one! I know what you mean about the guy thing - how funny that they are all alike! Great post today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post! It made me laugh. You've given me a hilarious picture...ovaries with eyelashes and a magnifying glass. Thanks for sharing your day. I'm glad that your roof is feeling better now. Sippy cups are the best, and so are the memories that those days hold. :)

    ReplyDelete