Tuesday, February 15, 2011

One Thousand Gifts

is a book I've been reading by Ann Voskamp.  It's pretty darn awesome.  I don't normally read "churchy" or even "spiritual" books, and honestly this isn't written like one.  It's so challenging, though, to be thankful for all that God has given us.
I've decided to try to write down a list of one thousand things that I love.  We'll see how that works out.  Hopefully it'll help me establish my blog a little bit better and keep up on it more.
So, #1 would have to be time...  Time with my family.  Time with my husband.  Even though he's not working right now, I'm SO thankful that I have him home with me.  I love being with him.  I love that we're best friends and that we have such a good time together.
#2.  Listening to my kids play together.  Their imaginations run wild, and I love how they "become" different people in different places.  They're firemen, teachers, astronauts, police officers, dinosaurs, and dogs all in the space of a few minutes.  Awesome. 

#3.  Wind storms.  I love sitting in my living room and watching the wind turn the peaceful river behind my house into something angry and dark with foamy white caps and huge waves.  The trees bend but (most of the time) don't break, and everything has a dark beauty to it.
Okay, I'll write more later.  The baby's needs to be put to sleep.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I enjoyed reading your post. Your little ones are adorable. :) I like windstorms, too, and storms in general. I look forward to reading more of your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an awesome read! It's amazing how many things we have in our lives to be thankful for! Nice to see you out here in blog land ;)

    ReplyDelete