Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Time...

I just want time to do my one life well. ~Ann Voskamp

This book is full of things like that.  It's making me look at everything differently.  I'm normally a pretty content and happy person anyway, but as I'm learning to be thankful for everything, I'm learning to see beauty all around.  It's pretty amazing.  Here's a few more things that I love:

#4. The way my dog follows me everywhere, crawls under any blanket, and plays gently with Haven.
#5.  The sound of laughter when the boys think WE think they're asleep.
#6.  The smell of a clean house.
#7.  The way the river looks so close right now.  Like I could step out the back gate and be in the water.

This is going to be challenging... Not to find things to be thankful for, but to be able to put them into words.  I'm  not so good at that.

Jim has been downstairs all morning working.  What he's doing is monotonous, but at least it's something.  We're praying that an actual JOB will open soon and we'll be able to get things back to normal.  I'm thankful that we had some savings so we're not stressing too much, but it's still stressful to be out of work.

We had another wind storm last night.  More shingles came off the roof... I hope that the roofer will be here today to fix things so we don't have any more damage.

1 comment:

  1. Looks to me like you're doing a fine job of putting it all into words. :)

    Keep it up, girl. You're doing great.

    ReplyDelete