Thursday, July 22, 2010

Florida!

My good friend Kelly asked me to make her some bows the other day for a friend of hers who had just had a baby and lives in Florida.  Supposedly this friend is a big football fan...  So, the clips I made are football themed.  Well, football team themed at least.  A couple of them are Tampa Bay Buccaneers colors and the other is one of the Universities in Southern Florida.  I think they turned out pretty well.




This one is the University bow.  I can't remember the name... Sorry about that... I'd hate to name the wrong school.  The bottom ribbon is organza,, and I think it made a really pretty backdrop for the satin gold ribbon on top.  It'll look pretty cute attached to a headband on that baby's head.







The flower is red, black and white layered on a clip.  They're sewed and glued together, so they're not coming apart anytime soon.  There's a football button and rhinestones that make up the center.  I think it turned out pretty cute.






And now for the Buccaneers bow.  It's just their team colors, but this is actually more difficult to make than it looks.  The ribbon is satin, and it's a little slippery and hard to work with, but I really like how it turned out.  It's about 4 inches wide, so it's definitely a good size.  I plan on getting more team colors and making more bows for football season..


This may be my last post for a few days.  I'm heading out of town again on Saturday.  I may get the urge to blog while I'm away, though.  Who knows?  I'll be heading up to Moses Lake, Washington to visit a very special aunt and uncle of mine.  I'm pretty excited about it.  I'm sure we'll have an awesome time, and I know my kids will really enjoy "Great-Uncle Weirdo and Aunt Katie."

No comments:

Post a Comment