Monday, May 2, 2011

Changes Afoot.

A couple of weeks ago, my Stars and Stripes Bow was featured in a Treasury on  Etsy.  While I was flattered and honored to be a part of the treasury, I spent some time looking at the others items that were included.  One of them was a bow very similar to mine, but the shop had had over 5000 sales and had over 600 items listed for sale.  WOW.  So, needless to say, it led me to believe that I needed to up the ante a little bit.
So I've been brain-storming, and doing some research about things that I could change.  The biggest is FREE shipping!  (I will have to increase the cost of my bows a bit to do this, but I think it'll help a lot in the marketing department.)  After all, who doesn't like to see the word "FREE"?  I've also found other ways to display my bows to show them a little better.  Here's one that I made last night:
This bow is pink and brown stacked.  Super cute.  Now for the changes in displaying it.  I got a Styrofoam head and a wig.
Etsy allows up to five pictures per item, so this is how I plan on displaying my bows:  First, as pictured above, then to give a little more perspective, it will be shown clipped to a headband like this:










Then, I'll show it simply clipped into hair, like this:













And then, for another option, I'll show it on a pony tail, (or pig tails, depending on the bows) like this:
I've also taken pictures of all of my headband colors together, and plan on listing that on Etsy for all to see.



  I hope that these changes will make a big difference in my sales.  I also plan on getting in touch with a few different websites that a friend recommended to see if I can get some give aways and that sort of thing going.
I think these changes will help.  If you have any more ideas on how I can improve, please leave me a comment!  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment